Army Installation Management Command Food and Beverage Attendant (Snack Bar) NA-02 in Fort Shafter, Hawaii
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Island of Oahu, HI. Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
This position is located at MWR Fort Shafter Bowling Center.
Although this position is NOT entitled to 10.99% COLA (Oahu, HI), incumbents are entitled to Shift Differential Pay, Holiday Pay and Sunday Premium Pay.
This is a "Flexible" position (0-40 hours) with no eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans. Hours may include nights, weekends, holidays and all shifts.
This is an Open Continuous announcement with an* initial extended cutoff date of Wednesday, 28 March 2018*. All eligible applicants will be referred to management at that time. Additional cutoff dates will be established on an as-needed basis per management request.
Learn more about this agency
- In a Snack Bar, prepares a limited variety of short order fast food items.
- Assures that tables/work surfaces are promptly cleared and cleaned, and cleans other work areas to include walls, floors, equipment, and storage areas.
- Accepts food orders from patrons and serves alcoholic beverages.
- Coordinates food and beverage needs for special events, not limited to preparing and serving food and cleaning work areas.
- Orders fast food items, condiments, and other necessary supplies.
- Serves as cashier in the snack bar, receiving payment by cash or charge, and completes cash report at the end of assigned shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
7401 Miscellaneous Food Preparation and Serving
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, holidays and all shifts.
- Must be willing and able to regularly lift and move items weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to stand, stoop, bend, pull, push and reach for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to complete food sanitation and safety training within the first thirty (30) days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter.
- A pre-employment occupational physical is required for this position.
- Must be able to work without more than normal supervision.
- Must be able to keep work area clean, neat and in order.
- Must have applied basic food preparation and handling techniques.
- Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be familiar with basic sanitization principles.
- Must be able to use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment.
- Must meet state/local age requirements (18 years) for the serving of alcoholic beverages by projected appointment date. Please Note: In order to meet the minimum requirements for experience, your experience must be clearly stated in your resume. Incomplete applications will be rated as ineligible.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3434, PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate, License
- Other Veterans Document
Important: Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included with your application. Applicants that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV).
For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1400 hours (2:00 pm) Hawaii Standard Time on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492641800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/28/2018 to 04/30/2018
Salary: $11.92 to $13.89 per hour Position is NOT entitled to 10.99% COLA (Island of OAHU).
Pay scale & grade: NA 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent