General Electric GE Healthcare Software Engineering Intern in Honolulu, Hawaii
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Healthcare Technical Interns work on a variety of assignments with responsibilities and hands-on involvement in areas of design. The project-oriented assignments will be supported by an assigned manager and mentor. Technical interns will primarily work in medical imaging, information technologies or patient monitoring.
Design and Development interns may be assigned to any part of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Responsibilities may include:
• Designing, testing and debugging new functions and features of our products
• Developing high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web and embedded applications
• Collaborating with system engineers, frontend developers, and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Must be a full time student pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent.
• Must have a 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (in a 4.0 scale).
• High self-confidence.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
• Demonstrated analytical ability and technical competency
• Proven Leadership skills and experience.
• Strong Initiative and ability to work independently and in teams.
• Able to work for a minimum of 10 weeks
• Must be willing to relocate.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
U.S. (Country) Specific Qualifications:
Must submit application for employment through ge.com/careers (or COS if internal) to be considered
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
• Prior intern or co-op experience in software or computer engineering.
• Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving.
• Prior experience in using data structures and algorithms.
• Understand arrays, LinkedLists, dictionaries, basic sorting, searching & data structure traversal & retrieval algorithms.
• Strong commitment to a career in healthcare technology and a passion for software.
• Adaptable in difficult situations.
• Demonstrated community involvement.
Locations: United States; Utah, Wisconsin; Waukesha, Milwaukee, Salt Lake City