People Technology & Processes Regional/Interagency Support SME - PACOM in Honolulu, Hawaii
Purpose: The purpose of this task is to provide support to the overall J3 mission objectives and directly contribute to the daily operational management of the SOF Enterprise composed of Headquarters USSOCOM staff, USSOCOM Service Components, Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), Special Operations Joint Task Forces (SOJTF), and relevant interagency (IA) and coalition partners. The contractor shall provide subject matter experts (SMEs) for multiple activities across the Directorate of Operations. Support J3 Surge Capability for SOF Contingency Operations. Responsibilities: Support the mission of developing and integrating timely and accurate global awareness and responsive support to the SOF Network in day-to-day operations and crisis response while supporting the HQ’s strategic battle rhythm, ensuring worldwide SOF are ready, postured, and empowered to support the nation’s strategic and operational objectives. Tasks include:
- Liaison and coordinate with TSOC and Components during Trans Regional Synchronization events in accordance with the SOCOM Battle Rhythm.
- Provide advice on current operations in each of the Combatant Command’s (GCC) areas of operations (CENTCOM, SOUTHCOM, EUCOM, AFRICOM, and NORTHCOM).
- Assist in maintaining the USSOCOM collaborative information enterprise.
- Liaison and coordinate among all participants during Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and the execution of a Crisis Action Team (CAT).
- Provide advice and recommendations on current operations to each specific geographical areas of interest to the Global Mission Support Center (GMSC) and the Global Support Groups (GSG).
- Facilitation of and/or effective integration into functional working groups from other agencies/departments, and the Joint Staff.
- Integration of command operational planning requirements by ensuring Joint Staff management practices and procedures are fulfilled.
- Assist in development and maintenance of professional network that improves coordination between USSOCOM, the GCC’s, TSOC’s, Components, and the Interagency.
- Assistance in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations or conferences pertaining to the current fight related to CONPLANS, OPLANS, CAMPAIGN PLANS emerging Counterterrorism Opportunities, and other USSOCOM planning initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 12 years combined Joint, SOF, Interagency, and Regional experience working military operations to include special operations conducted in a joint, combined, and interagency environment
- Knowledge of the Regional (PACOM, EUCOM, Western Hemisphere(WHEM), CENTCOM, AFRICOM) Theater Special Operations Command’s areas of responsibility, policies, Special Operations and conventional force command relationships and associated political environment.
- Completed, one Joint tour, combatant command, or multi-national staff tour
- Graduate of a Joint Professional Military Education course, Intermediate Development Course or a Senior Professional Military Education Course
- 5 years’ experience using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level) use and the ability to communicate at all levels
- 3 years’ experience working with USSOCOM, subordinate organizations, DOD, and knowledge of each military U.S. military service’s roles and missions
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access required *THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
Benefits PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D; Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Date Posted: 04-05-2018
Job Title: Regional/Interagency Support SME - PACOM
Job Location: Honolulu, HI
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Current DoD Top Secret and eligible for SCI access required
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS