Airgas Usa LLC Manager - Branch II in Kailua, Hawaii
Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring Branch Manager in Kailua-Kona, HI
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you? Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc? Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hard goods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The primary purpose of the Branch Manager is to coordinate and direct the day-to-day store operations to meet or exceed sales and margin targets by promoting sales and good customer service; maintain adequate inventory levels and monitors purchases to control expenses. Ensures both facility and staff are in compliance with Safety and Regulatory standards. Provide guidance to team members on how to provide effective and efficient service to customers, good housekeeping, and overall operating efficiency.
_Effective Job Functions:_
- All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth in established policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
- Provide consistent professional customer service to all walk-ins or call-in customer inquiries regarding products, price, and technical information.
- Support the outside sales force as needed in servicing and obtaining new business.
- Oversee and ensure that cash reports, charge tickets, coding, costing, pricing, daily cash summary, bank deposits are processed accurately on a daily basis.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of back order report, open order report and PO expedite report.
- Establish and manage cylinder and/or hard goods inventory levels for the branch.
- Supervise the training of inside sales associates in areas including product knowledge; company policies, processes, and procedures; and safety; ensures that all associates are trained to perform critical branch functions.
- Ensure branch store shelves and displays are kept neat and clean and are adequately stocked and properly organized thereby exposing customers to all new and featured products.
- Supervision of Inside Sales Associate(s).
- Assist customer with equipment set-up, and demonstrate use as necessary.
- Ensure associate grievances are effectively handled.
- Maintain and upgrade industry product knowledge on an on-going basis.
- Perform periodic performance reviews of branch associates.
- Serve as liaison between employees and management, providing performance advice and direction in conjunction with the Human Resources department and senior management.
- Oversee general housekeeping of showroom, offices, warehouse, break room, restroom, and grounds.
- Maintain a safe work environment; organize required monthly safety meetings and strictly enforces all company safety rules and regulations.
- Promptly report any accident(s) or injury(ies) to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in sales and distribution of industrial gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products; at least two (2) years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- Strong retail sales/customer service skills desired.
- Knowledge of welding applications and equipment is a plus.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds while promoting a team player attitude.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be flexible to adjust work schedules to meet operational requirements, may include “on call’ weekend work and overtime on an as-needed basis.
Punctual and comply with work schedule. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods as well as stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must be worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say? “Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta “Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist* / / / /// / / /Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO./// / / /EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/ /Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability/
Title: Manager - Branch II
Requisition ID: 17253