Army Installation Management Command Cook NA-04 in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
It is the applicant's responsibility to read all sections and associated links in this vacancy announcement.
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local/ Commuting area. Local/ Commuting area is defined as ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration).
This position is located at Nehelani Banquet and Conference Center, located on Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
Although this position is NOT entitled to 10.99% COLA (Island of Ohau), selected applicants may be entitled to NAF Benefits, Shift Differential Pay, Holiday pay and Sunday Premium Pay.
This vacancy announcement is a Standing Register with an initial cutoff date on March 07, 2018. After the initial cut-off applicants will be referred on a bi-weekly basis and/or until the position is filled.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables. Prepares hot cereals and concentrated.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading. Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. Sets up and replenishes salad bar.
- Disassembles, cleans and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food.
- Ensures that foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1) to include a medical examination
- Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities
- Must be willing to work an irregular schedule to include working nights, weekends, holidays, and special events
Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess.
Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable: a. Neatness and good grooming. b. Dependability. c. Ability to work under pressure.
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and assessment/questionnaire to be rated eligible
*In addition to the requirements above, highly-qualified candidates will also possess the following: Possess experience working in a catering/banquet style restaurant.
Applicants that meet the Highly Qualified criteria will be referred to management for consideration first. If management does not select a Highly Qualified candidate, they may request a referral list including all qualified applicants.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf)
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Full position description for this announcement may be viewed at: https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hnGuHV5mZlIuXmqtZ
- Work involves continual standing and walking, frequent stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and bending. Must be able to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with the assistance of other workers or lifting devices.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) entitlement for the current Permanent Change of Station (PCS) of the sponsor.
- Military spouses requesting spouse employment preference (SEP) consideration MUST provide a copy of the sponsor's PCS orders to the current duty station and marriage certificate at the time of application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
**Highly Preferred Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Spouse Preference & Involuntarily Separated Military) will be referred to management first 1. Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the Highly Preferred Criteria. 2. Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. 3. Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434, Sponsors PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate, Transition Assistance Card, Certifications
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (WENAFEW1810145294SR)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492301400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/26/2018 to 04/25/2018
Salary: $13.74 to $16.05 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 4
Work schedule: Part-Time - 20 Hours
Appointment type: Permanent